Saturday, June 5, 2010

Disclaimer

I have recently been encouraged to uhm..blog. And for what it's worth I have never actually even read a blog until today. Or maybe I had and just didn't realize it. See my way of reading and writing is an art form of it's very own. I could have simply read a "blog" and thought to myself..finally someone is writing in a way that is easy for me to read. Anywho, not the point.
Apparently someone thinks I have interesting things to write. I think I have interesting thoughts. Writing them down was a way of leaving a paper trail and I was sure that wasn't a good idea. Do I clean it up? Could I get into trouble? Blog? Is that a word? I'm a bad speller! My biggest fear of this new adventure I am partaking in is I am fairly honest with myself and others. I poke fun and I "don't ever let someones feelings get in the way of a good joke" quote/unquote Dad. You should know this idea was instilled in me at an early age, kind of like most kids and potty training. Let's just say Dad taught me a lot about life and I got the art of being literal and using the big girl potty down to a science.
So I decided, in an attempt to justify my thoughts, I needed to start with disclaimer. And partially through this disclaimer I realized that I was breaking my own rule. I'm apologizing before I even get started :
Facepalm: Dad would be so disappointed in me. Just know that I get myself through life one laugh at a time. I am a frog who can't swim and jokes are my lily pads. Also know that this frog can't spell either. I'm still not sure how I graduated or survived high school but that's a whole other blog and requires poking fun at myself and I'd rather not start this relationship off on the wrong foot.
I find myself apologizing daily for my sense of humor. When you get down to it, it's a pile of grey mush inside our heads that makes us all do and act certain ways. Why not laugh at it? I mean it's a flipping miracle we aren't all facing a corner somewhere trying to walk, like a robot with no direction. So I am not sorry when Harry wipes out BIG on his
Razor Scooter, for the entire shop to see. This is awesome!

We as humans invented a scooter. We learned to ride it. Then things got a little sloppy with the "grey matter" and we forgot to squeeze the lever that keeps the whole damn thing from falling apart! Brilliant!
So..in this "blog" of mine I plan to respect Dads wishes and belly laugh at our "sloppy moments" and/or ignorance then grab my phone and blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment